Monday, November 30, 2009

A Beautiful Surprise

Being low on the totem pole is never fun. You get stuck with the worst jobs ever. Yep, ever. In the nursing world, that means you work the holiday shifts that no one wants. For me, that meant I worked Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Uh huh, every day including and around Thanksgiving. Quite the bummer.

But then, a mirale happened. Thursday, I was able to go home early from work. Halleighluia! That's right, I was home by 2:00, and guess what my wonderful husband had done for me? He had made a beautiful Thanksgiving dinner for us. And we're not talking about KFC on a nice serving dish, I mean the real deal. He cooked the most delicious turkey I've ever had (I'm not even joking), potatoes, yams, rolls, stuffing, jell-o, the works. It was incredible.

The best part was, it was just the two of us. My family had gone out of town and his family was home in Las Vegas. It was our first holiday all by ourselves and it was great. As we were eating I realized when we do move and we're in a new place all by ourselves, we're going to be more than fine. We know how to take care of each other. That is what marriage is about after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment